Athletics At Fossil Ridge
Athletic Director/Title IX Coordinator
Carrie Hintzman, Athletic Secretary
Summer workouts - please visit the individual website or contact the coach via email.
Registration for Fall Sports 2022-2023
Online registration begins July 1, 2022.(Please follow link above). Fossil Ridge Athletic Office opens on July 20,2022 for orange cards. Every athlete must obtain an orange card in order to try-out. Try-outs begin Aug 1, 2022 for Boys Golf and August 8, 2022 for all other fall sports.
Welcome to Fossil Ridge Athletics!
In order to try out for any sport, parents/guardians must complete the PSD sports registration paperwork.
Fill out the registration on-line at https://www.psdathletics.org/
If you are unable to register on-line:
Scroll to CHECK-OUT PROCESS/FORMS and make sure all listed forms are downloaded and signed as required, by the parent/guardian and student where indicated.
Complete and submit the following: If unable to register on-line
- Authorization_for_Athletic_Participation_HS 2022-2023.pdf - (included with on-line registration)
- CHSAA_Eligibility_Form 2022-2023.pdf – (included with on-line registration)
- Physician's_Certification_Athletics_HS 2022-2023.pdf **Must be signed and dated by the Physician**
- Student_Athlete_Medical_Information_Form 2022-2023.pdf - (included with on-line registration)
- Social Media 2022-2023 English.pdf – (Included with on-line registration)
- The Athletic Assistant does not take any form of payment, you must go to student fees
TO GET YOUR ORANGE CARD:
Turn in updated Physical to the Fossil Ridge High School Athletic Assistant
*Make sure you have paid the district Athletic Fee for the sport – District Fee is $190.00
*Do not give paperwork to coaches or coaching staff
*Orange clearance cards will be given to the athlete when completed paperwork is done
*Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
**Additional Fee Information
- Approved Free/Reduced Students, whose parent has filled out the waiver on Parentvue, will have their fee waived
- Cheer and Dance athletes are required to pay the athletic fee
- . Ice Hockey will also have an additional fee of $1000.
- The Athletic Fee for private school, charter school or home-schooled athletes is $285 per sport
- Unified Sports (Special Olympics) athletic fee is $95.00. Non-PSD student is $143
Non-FRHS students must be placed by the District Office. Please contact District Athletics @ 970-490-3332.
- Any 10th, 11th, or 12th grader who transfers to FRHS. (Applies to in-town, in-state or out-of-state transfers).
- Any student that transfers to FRHS mid-year (including 9th graders).
- Transfers must meet with the Athletic Director and submit required CHSAA information.
- Please contact the athletic office with any questions and to meet with the Athletic Director regarding eligibility.
International Exchange Students
Please note: If your student must carry any type of medication (prescription, lifesaving, over-the-counter, etc.), please see the PSD website for more information Carry and Self-Administer Medicine - High School .
Questions? Call the athletic office at 970-488-6268 or email: email@example.com 06/2022
Watch High School Sports
Find and follow Fossil Ridge Sports on NFHS Network. Click on the link http://www.nfhsnetwork.com to subscribe and watch your Sabercats live and on demand.
Are you interested in Gymnastics? Rocky Mountain High School will be hosting a team information meeting at Timberline Gymnastics on May 17, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Admission Costs to Athletic Events
PSD using digital tickets for athletics
Admission is generally charged for entrance to most Fossil Ridge High School athletic events. Students who have purchased Activity Passes are admitted into regular season home games at no additional cost. Students should visit our Fees Window to purchase a valid Activity Pass for the current school year. Ticket prices are posted at all games. CHSAA regulates the ticket cost of state level events. Schools in the Front Range League may charge for entrance to athletic events.
Clear Bag Policy at French Field
PSD announces the implementation of a clear-bag policy at French Field. Click here for more details.
Athletics at Fossil Ridge
By being a member of a Fossil Ridge athletic team, regardless of time spent in actual competition, a student can learn many valuable lessons such as working together to meet team goals and good sportsmanship, including appreciating good play by an opponent, respect for others and winning and losing with dignity, being able to accept instruction and criticism, and self-control and responsibility for one’s own actions. We want all of our students to have a positive experience as a student-athlete. Our goal is to provide the highest quality coaching, the best facilities and equipment available and a wide variety of athletic competition for our young men and women. Most importantly, we strive to teach and engrain within our student athletes lessons that will guide them on their journey beyond the walls of our school. Please contact our FRHS Athletic Department Secretary if you have further questions at 488.6268.