Athletic Director/Title IX Coordinator
Carrie Hintzman, Athletic Secretary
Sport Calendar Notification Instructions
Sign up to receive instant notification of any schedule changes by following the instructions in the RSchool Parent Guide. This will allow you to receive a text and/or an email immediately if any changes are made to the schedule(s) you are following. This guide will also provide instructions to download athletic schedules and receive live updates to your calendar.
Click here to sign-up for Fossil Ridge notifications
Watch High School Sports
Find and follow Fossil Ridge Sports on NFHS Network. Click on the link http://www.nfhsnetwork.com to subscribe and watch your SaberCats live and on demand.
Instructions below for athletic high school sports packet
These links will not be ready to use until the end of July. Fee's may change for the year 2019-20. Thank you, have a wonderful summer.
Use this link to complete the High School Sports Packet online. Please note you must create an account. (Look for the link to create an account, or login if already created, at the top and bottom of the page.) Click on this link for the Physicians' signature form.
Click here to pay for athletic fees via SchoolPay.
Fees - (High School) PSD Non-Charter Students All Sports: $157 per sport. Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students: $235 per sport.
Fees - (High School) PSD Non-Charter Students Lacrosse: $180 in addition to the $157 participation fee. Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students: $270 in addition to the $235 participation fee.
Fees - (High School) PSD Non-Charter Students Ice Hockey: $157 participation fee (pay this fee for your practice card) in addition $735 & $210 (please bring these two checks to try-outs. Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students: $235 participation fee, please bring additional checks to try-outs.
Fees - (High School) PSD Non-Charter Students Unified Sports: $89 per sport. Home-Based, Charter and Private School Students Unified Sports: $133 per sport.
- Once you have registered online, paid the fee on SchoolPay, bring your physical form and a copy of your payment to the athletic office to receive your participation card (orange card). Give your participation card to your coach on first day of try-outs.
- When you come to the athletic office you will be asked to sign up on ArbiterAthlete before receiving your participation card.
Additional Forms Needed for Special Circumstances (must be turned in with above forms):
- Home-Based, Charter, Private School or Transferring students will need to download and complete CHSAA Form 9.
- International Students will need to download and complete CHSAA Form 11.
Please note, if your student needs to carry any type of medication (prescription, lifesaving, over-the-counter, etc.), please visit the PSD website (Student Health Services) for more information. Click here to access this section of the PSD the website.
National Letter of Intent Signing Days are February 5, 2020 and April 15, 2020 - Please see Mrs. Hintzman in the Athletic Office for more information and to sign up to be honored
All Spring Sports Parent and Athlete Meeting - Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 6:30 pm in the Main Gym. Breakout sessions by sport will be held after the All Sports Meeting.
GIRLS LACROSSE PRESEASON!
Who: Anyone, beginner to advanced interested in trying out for JV or Varsity girls lacrosse spring season
What: Indoor skills and conditioning
Where: Rocky Mountain High School's small gym
When: January 13th thru February 24th, 630-830 every Monday and Wednesday (except 1/20, 2/17)
-This is free instruction and conditioning for girls from all PSD high schools, Windsor and private schools.
-Please bring a water bottle, indoor athletic shoes, mouth guard, stick and eyewear
-Please arrive at least 10 minutes early
Girls Lacrosse (Involves girls from all High Schools)
Current website/contact info: Pam Kramer at email@example.com
All off season activities are considered voluntary and no athletic paperwork is needed for this sport until mid January, 2020.
Clear Bag Policy at French Field
PSD announces implementation of clear-bag policy at French Field
Parent Feedback Surveys
Fall Sports - click on the link to the left to complete the survey.
Winter Sports - click on the link to the left to complete the survey.
Spring Sports - click on the link to the left to complete the survey.
PSD Athletic Calendar
To access the PSD Athletics Calendar, click on the icon below.
Access is also available from our Calendars / Schedules page.
Athletics at Fossil Ridge
By being a member of a Fossil Ridge athletic team, regardless of time spent in actual competition, a student can learn many valuable lessons such as working together to meet team goals and good sportsmanship, including appreciating good play by an opponent, respect for others and winning and losing with dignity, being able to accept instruction and criticism, and self-control and responsibility for one’s own actions. We want all of our students to have a positive experience as a student-athlete. Our goal is to provide the highest quality coaching, the best facilities and equipment available and a wide variety of athletic competition for our young men and women. Most importantly, we strive to teach and engrain within our student athletes lessons that will guide them on their journey beyond the walls of our school. Please contact our FRHS Athletic Department Secretary if you have further questions at 488.6268.
Unified Sports Program
Unified Sports at Fossil Ridge High School joins students with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. We are guided and inspired by a simple principle: playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding. PSD and Fossil Ridge High School are proud to offer four unified sports: Unified Flag Football in the Fall, Unified Cheerleading in the Fall and Winter, Unified Basketball in the Winter, and Unified Soccer in the Fall.
Individual Sport Web Sites
For detailed information, schedules, coaching philosophies and contact information, please click the icon for the specific sport site listed below.
Ice Hockey (@FCHS)
PSD Student Athlete Handbook
For specific information regarding athletics within PSD, please click the icon below to download the PSD Student Athletic Handbook and refer to district information.
• Respect for yourself, your coach, your team, the officials and the opponent.
• Positive behavior when you win and positive behavior when you lose.
• Appreciation of talented athletic ability, talented athletes and talented teams
Athletic Participation Fees
Poudre School District requires that students pay a participation fee for each sport before they can practice or compete in a contest or scrimmage. The PSD Athletic Fee will be required in order to get an orange card, please have a receipt with your sports packet. For 2019-2020 the fee is $157.00 for Fossil Students. Please see the checklist for more information.
Students who meet the requirements for the free and reduced lunch program will have their fee for participation waived if their parent submits a completed fee waiver on ParentVue.
- All student athletes must be enrolled in 25 hours of courses per semester.
- To maintain eligibility, students must not be failing more than one class per week.
- Students who are identified as ineligible on the weekly eligibility check will not be allowed to compete for one full week beginning the following Monday.
- Athletes must attend a half-day to participate in an athletic competition scheduled for that date.
- Athletes may regain eligibility by earning credit in summer school courses. Summer school credits must be in courses that were failed; meet graduation requirements for PSD and equivalent credits must be completed by the Thursday prior to Labor Day of the fall term.
- Athletes who turn 19 prior to August 1 are ineligible for competition/practice.
- Freshmen athletes (ninth graders) must have eight consecutive semesters of eligibility and meet the eligibility guidelines stated by CHSAA.
- Make-up work: Athletes are allowed on day for each day missed to complete make-up work.
- Athletes transferring schools must meet CHSAA regulations governing the terms of their eligibility.
Letters, Awards, and Recognition
Students may earn varsity letters if they meet the requirements and expectations set by head coaching staff. The head coach for each sport will have the final authority to award letters to athletes. Athletes earning multiple letters may also receive awards in the form of certificates or plaques.
Sports by Season
Fall Girls' Sports
Fall Boys' Sports
Winter Girls' Sports
Winter Boys' Sports
Spring Girls' Sports
Spring Boys' Sports
PSD Lacrosse (RMHS)
PSD Lacrosse (RMHS)
Admission Costs to Athletic Events
Admission is generally charged for entrance to most Fossil Ridge High School athletic events.Discounted punch cards are available for student and parent purchase through our bookkeeper. Students who have purchased Activity Passes are admitted into regular season home games at no additional cost. Students should visit our Fees Window to purchase a valid Activity Pass for the current school year. Ticket prices are posted at all games. CHSAA regulates the ticket cost of state level events. Schools in the Front Range League may charge for entrance to athletic events.