Administrative Contact Information
|Julie Chaplain||Mark Barry||Brandon Carlucci|
|Building Principal||Assistant Principal||Athletic Director/Assistant Principal|
|Brad Nye||Scott Torvik||Deana Kochis|
|Assistant Principal||Assistant Principal||Dean of Students|
|Dean of Students|
Fossil Feeder System Healthy Goals of Dialogue
Throughout the Fossil Ridge feeder system, we want to build strong parent partnerships. In our conversations with students, or between parents, teachers, and community members our feeder system has aligned in developing norms of communication that infuse healthy goals of dialogue. In meetings we agree to learn, find the truth, produce results, and strengthen partnerships. We also ask that we deter from motivations to be right, win, save face, look good, get even, punish, blame, avoid conflict, or keep the peace. This is how together, we can engage in RIDGE values and model them for our students.
FRHS Resolution / Problem Solving Process
Some times, throughout a student's career at Fossil Ridge High School, issues or conflicts arise. One of the more important responsibilities we have is to teach our students how to address conflicts and issues in a proactive, solutions-focused fashion. We have developed a Resolution / Problem Solving Process and we ask that students and parents follow this process as they work together with our staff to develop action steps moving toward a mutually acceptable resolution. For a copy of this Resolution / Problem Solving Process, click on the icon below to download.
Effective Advocacy @ Fossil Ridge
Another important skill that our students need to develop is their self-advocacy. We have developed an Effective Advocacy Flow Chart to help our students, parents and staff with important conversations. For a copy of this Effective Advocacy Flow Chart, click the icon below to download.
The most important skill that our students need to develop while at Fossil Ridge High School is their ability to effectively communicate with adults and peers. We strongly encourage our students to talk with classroom teachers when they have questions or concerns before involving parents. Most times, the student and teacher are able to develop positive action steps and to reach a mutually acceptable resolution. However, sometimes parents need to be involved in the next level of conversation. We have developed a Communication Pyramid to help our students, parents and staff better understand the levels of conversation that need to occur prior to involving counseling staff and some times administration. For a copy of this Communication Pyramid, click on the icon below to download.
School Accountability Committee
Making the most effective decisions for the students and staff at Fossil Ridge High School includes parent and community input. We have a School Accountability Committee comprised of several parents, a few community members and a select few teacher representatives. The SAC serves as an advisory committee providing valuable input and recommendations for spending our limited Student Based Budget resources, for improving our communications with parents and community and recommendations for staffing allocations each spring. We select our parent SAC representatives every two years through an application process.
School Accountability Committee Responsibilities:
Each SAC is responsible for the following:
- Making recommendations to the principal on the school priorities for spending school moneys, including federal funds, where applicable.
- Making recommendations to the principal of the school and the superintendent concerning preparation of a school Performance or Improvement plan, if either type of plan is required.
- Publicizing and holding a SAC meeting to discuss strategies to include in a school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan, if either type of plan is required, and using this input to make recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan prior to the plan being written.
- Publicizing the district’s public hearing to review a written school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan.
- Meeting at least quarterly to discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the school’s Performance, Improvement, priority Improvement, or Turnaround plan, whichever is applicable, and other progress pertinent to the school’s accreditation contract.
- Providing input and recommendations to the DAC and district administration, on an advisory basis, concerning principal development plans and principal evaluations. This is specifically related to the ability to carry out the SUIP.
- Publicizing opportunities to serve and soliciting parents to serve on the SAC.
- Assisting the district in implementing at the school level the district’s parent engagement policy.
- Assisting school personnel to increase parents’ engagement with teachers, including parents’ engagement in creating student’s READ plans, Individual Career and Academic Plans, and plans to address habitual truancy.
Our parent and community representatives serve for a two-year term and then rotate off of the SAC to allow new representatives to serve. If you are interested in serving as a parent representative of our SAC, please click the icon below to download the SAC Representative Application and submit the completed application via email or regular mail to Dr. Chaplain [Building Principal] within the submission dates designated on the application.
SAC Meeting’s will be held in the FRHS Media Center from 5:30-7:00 pm on the following dates:
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - Agenda and Notes
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - Agenda and Notes
School Accountability Representative Application (click to download)
Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) (click to download)