Athletics At Fossil Ridge
Athletic Director/Title IX Coordinator
Carrie Hintzman, Athletic Secretary
Spring Athletics begin tryouts on 2/19 for Girls Golf, Boys Swimming and Boys Volleyball. Tryouts for Track & Field, Girls Tennis, Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Lacrosse, and Baseball begin on 2/26/24
SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 31, 2024. https://www.psdathletics.org/hsregistration
**When course fees become available the first week of August, don't forget to purchase your Student Activities Pass for $30. With this pass, you will be able to come to all regular athletic events for free. The pass pays for itself if you attend 7 games. This is for Football, Volleyball, Basketball & Wrestling
Online athletic registration
Watch High School Sports
Find and follow Fossil Ridge Sports on NFHS Network. Click on the link http://www.nfhsnetwork.com to subscribe and watch your Sabercats live and on demand.
Admission Costs to Athletic Events
PSD using digital tickets for athletics
Admission is generally charged for entrance to most Fossil Ridge High School athletic events. Students who have purchased Activity Passes are admitted into regular season home games at no additional cost. Students should visit our Fees Window to purchase a valid Activity Pass for the current school year. Ticket prices are posted at all games. CHSAA regulates the ticket cost of state level events. Schools in the Front Range League may charge for entrance to athletic events.
Quick Start Guide for Ticket Spicket: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fvpNxSQgqQTvFDufI_t4bCf7n5xjt3TE/view
Video: Buying tickets and checking in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UdW5MfsISg
If you do not have a smart phone, please contact the high school athletic office for further assistance. Spectators are required to follow all PSD COVID-19 athletics protocols. Thank you in advance.
We appreciate your continued support of PSD Athletics. See you at the game!
Clear Bag Policy at French Field and PSD Stadium at Timnath
PSD announces the implementation of a clear-bag policy at French Field. Click here for more details.
Welcome to Fossil Ridge Athletics!
In order to try out for any sport, parents/guardians must complete the PSD sports registration paperwork.
Fill out the registration on-line at https://www.psdathletics.org/
If you are unable to register on-line:
Scroll to CHECK-OUT PROCESS/FORMS and make sure all listed forms are downloaded and signed as required, by the parent/guardian and student where indicated.
Complete and submit the following: If unable to register on-line
- Authorization_for_Athletic_Participation_HS 2023-2024.pdf - (included with on-line registration)
- CHSAA_Eligibility_Form 2023-2024.pdf – (included with on-line registration)
- Physician's_Certification_Athletics_HS 2023-2024.pdf **Must be signed and dated by the Physician**
- Student_Athlete_Medical_Information_Form 2023-2024.pdf - (included with on-line registration)
- Social Media 2023-2024 English.pdf – (Included with on-line registration)
- PSD Athletics In-State Overnight Field Trip Blanket Release - Fall 2023.pdf
- The Athletic Assistant does not take any form of payment, you must go to student fees
TO GET YOUR ORANGE CARD:
Turn in updated Physical to the Fossil Ridge High School Athletic Assistant
*Make sure you have paid the district Athletic Fee for the sport – District Fee is $205.00
*Do not give paperwork to coaches or coaching staff
*Orange clearance cards will be given to the athlete when completed paperwork is done
*Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
**Additional Fee Information
- Approved Free/Reduced Students, whose parent has filled out the waiver on Parentvue, will have their fee waived
- Cheer and Dance athletes are required to pay the athletic fee
- Ice Hockey will also have an additional fee of $1000.
- The Athletic Fee for private school, charter school or home-schooled athletes is $305 per sport
- Unified Sports (Special Olympics) athletic fee is $100. Non-PSD student is $150
Non-FRHS students must be placed by the District Office. Please contact District Athletics @ 970-490-3332.
- Any 10th, 11th, or 12th grader who transfers to FRHS. (Applies to in-town, in-state or out-of-state transfers).
- Any student that transfers to FRHS mid-year (including 9th graders).
- Transfers must meet with the Athletic Director and submit required CHSAA information.
- Please contact the athletic office with any questions and to meet with the Athletic Director regarding eligibility.
International Exchange Students
Please note: If your student must carry any type of medication (prescription, lifesaving, over-the-counter, etc.), please see the PSD website for more information Carry and Self-Administer Medicine - High School .
Questions? Call the athletic office at 970-488-6268 or email: email@example.com
Athletics at Fossil Ridge
By being a member of a Fossil Ridge athletic team, regardless of time spent in actual competition, a student can learn many valuable lessons such as working together to meet team goals and good sportsmanship, including appreciating good play by an opponent, respect for others and winning and losing with dignity, being able to accept instruction and criticism, and self-control and responsibility for one’s own actions. We want all of our students to have a positive experience as a student-athlete. Our goal is to provide the highest quality coaching, the best facilities and equipment available and a wide variety of athletic competition for our young men and women. Most importantly, we strive to teach and engrain within our student athletes lessons that will guide them on their journey beyond the walls of our school. Please contact our FRHS Athletic Department Secretary if you have further questions at 488.6268.