Latest Student Registration Updates
PSD has transitioned to a new website for School Choice called Smart Choice, and this is where families will access and complete a School Choice Application. Click on the link below to visit the new website:
Also, this link can be found by going to the PSD website, selecting the Academics tab at the top, and then choosing School Choice.
The School Choice Application for the next school year will become active on the first day of the current school year and will remain active until the first day of the next school year. Any requests from families to change schools during the current school year will need to be processed using the School Transfer Request form located at the bottom of the following webpage:
Starting the Student Registration Process
Welcome and thank you for thoughtfully considering registering your student(s) at Fossil Ridge High School! Prior to visiting Fossil Ridge High School to register your student(s), please complete the Online Registration or download and complete the following forms listed below and visit the Larimer County Health Services web site. These documents are required by PSD and the state. Completing the documents or the Online Registration in advance will help expedite the registration process and will allow you to ask more informed questions of our Registrar.
- Student Enrollment Form Packet (English - click icon to download)
- Certification of Minor Child's Residence (contact the Registrar to see if this form is needed) (click icon to download)
- For the FRHS Course Guide please visit http://www.frhscourseguide.org/
Student Registration Process
Registering your student(s) will take some time and may need to be completed through a personal appointment with our Registrar. Please contact our Registrar for direction on how to proceed. Sandi Emanuel can be reached at (970.488.6265 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
During your personal registration appointment, be sure to bring the following documents:
- Verification of current residence in the FRHS attendance area (to determine if you are in the Fossil Ridge High School attendance area, please utilize Poudre School District's School Locator webpage.
- Certification of Minor Child's Residence and Power of Attorney form if you are not the legal guardian of the student
- Current Immunization record (required by Colorado state law)
- School Immunizations (Larimer County Health Services)
- Birth certificate or passport
- Transcript of high school grades (grade 9 through current date) from previous school and/or 8th grade grades for incoming freshman
- Checkout grades from your previous school if this is a mid-school year transfer (Sept - May)
- Emergency contact information
- Student Enrollment Form Packet
- Military Opt-Out Form (11th and 12th grade students only)
Selecting / Enrolling in Courses
For detailed information regarding the selection of courses and enrolling in courses, please visit the Counseling website. This website contains informative videos, course guides, forms and other helpful resources. If you have additional questions, please contact your student’s counselor via phone or email. Counselor information is also available on the Counseling website.
School of Choice Information
We always encourage families new to Fort Collins to complete a School of Choice application at our school. Because of continued growth and construction within our attendance area, we are limited in the number of students that we are able to accept from the School of Choice waiting list. We closely monitor our program capacity enrollment and notify families as soon as an enrollment slot opens for School of Choice students. We must operate within district guidelines and must adhere closely to our established program capacity enrollment. New students living within our attendance area and who wish to attend Fossil Ridge High School do not need to submit a School of Choice application. Neighborhood students are guaranteed an enrollment slot in our school regardless of our current enrollment capacity. If you wish to complete a School of Choice application, please visit the PSD web site or click the appropriate icon below.