Latest Student Registration Updates
PSD has transitioned to a new website for School Choice called Smart Choice, and this is where families will access and complete a School Choice Application. Click on the link below to visit the new website:
Also, this link can be found by going to the PSD website, selecting the Academics tab at the top, and then choosing School Choice.
The School Choice Application for the 2018-2019 year is now active and will remain so until Friday, January 19, 2018. That means that the 2017-2018 School Choice Application is no longer available (for all levels). Any requests from families to change schools for this school year (2017-2018) will need to be processed using the School Transfer Request form linked below:
Starting the Student Registration Process
Welcome and thank you for thoughtfully considering registering your student(s) at Fossil Ridge High School! Prior to visiting Fossil Ridge High School to register your student(s), please download and complete the following forms / documentation and visit the Larimer County Health Services web site. These documents are required by PSD and the state. Completing the documents in advance will help expedite the registration process and will allow you to ask more informed questions of our Registrar.
- Student Enrollment Form Packet (click icon to download)
- For the FRHS Course Guide please visit http://www.frhscourseguide.org/
Student Registration Process
Registering your student(s) will take some time and should be completed through a personal appointment with our Registrar. Please contact our Registrar to schedule a registration appointment. Sandi Emanuel can be reached at (970.488.6265 / email@example.com)
During your personal registration appointment, be sure to bring the following documents:
- Verification of current residence in the FRHS attendance area (to determine if you are in the Fossil Ridge High School attendance area, please utilize Poudre School District's School Locator program: Senior High Boundary Map.
- Certification of Minor Child's Residence and Power of Attorney form f you are not the legal guardian of the student
- Current Immunization record (required by Colorado state law)
- School Immunizations (Larimer County Health Services)
- Birth certificate or passport
- Transcript of high school grades (grade 9 through current date) from previous school and/or 8th grade grades for incoming freshman.
- Checkout grades from your previous school if this is a mid-school year transfer (Sept - May)
- Emergency contact information
- Student Enrollment Form Packet
- Military Opt-Out Form (11th and 12th grade students only)
Selecting / Enrolling in Courses
For detailed information regarding the selection of courses and enrolling in courses, please visit the Inspire section of our website. This section contains informative videos, course guides, forms and other helpful resources. If you have additional questions, please contact your student’s counselor via phone or email. Counselor information is also available on the Inspire section of our web site.
School of Choice Information
We always encourage families new to Fort Collins to complete a School of Choice application at our school. Because of continued growth and construction within our attendance area, we are limited in the number of students that we are able to accept from the School of Choice waiting list. We closely monitor our program capacity enrollment and notify families as soon as an enrollment slot opens for School of Choice students. We must operate within district guidelines and must adhere closely to our established program capacity enrollment. New students living within our attendance area and who wish to attend Fossil Ridge High School do not need to submit a School of Choice application. Neighborhood students are guaranteed an enrollment slot in our school regardless of our current enrollment capacity. If you wish to complete a School of Choice application, please visit the PSD web site or click the appropriate icon below.