FROM OUR ATTENDANCE OFFICE
- We receive over 150 phone messages for attendance, and 100+ ParentVUE requests every day. Please allow 48 hours for attendance updates based on the volume of calls we are receiving. If you call in the morning, you may still receive an autogenerated call or email that same day, please know we are working on this as quickly as we can.
- To excuse your student, please either call our attendance line, or submit through ParentVUE – not both. We are receiving several repetitive calls or messages for attendance. Attendance message line: 970.488.6270
- You do not need to come in and check your student out if they are going home for illness, appointments, or athletic activities. Please make arrangements with your student, have them inform their teacher and they can meet you outside where you are parked. Please make sure to call our attendance line to excuse them from the classes they are missing.
- All athletic absences will be entered by our athletic office. Once entered it will show as an “S” in ParentVUE for school activity.
- If there is a discrepancy with a single period absence, please have your student talk with their teacher to adjust the absence.
FRHS Student Handbook (HERE) states the following policies regarding student attendance.
- Any student arriving after the first 10 minutes will be marked absent.
- Absences and tardies must be called into the attendance office within 5 school days by a parent or guardian. Absences called in after 5 school days will remain unexcused.
- Students may not call in to excuse their own absences. Doing so will result in disciplinary consequences.
- Arriving late or leaving early: parents need to call the attendance line to excuse the student.
- Make-up work shall be provided for excused and school/activity absences. The student is responsible for picking up all makeup assignments on the day he or she returns to class. Students shall have at least one day to complete make-up work for each day of absence. The school provides students serving suspensions the opportunity to make up the work missed.
- Students with unexcused absences have an opportunity to earn up to 60% of the value of the earned grade on the assignment.